Pages

Sunday 10 May 2009

Information overload...

For the past 3 weeks, I have been away in Germany. I have been in Herrnhut at a conference, called DNA Infusion.
As a part of that, we were taught about Leonhard Dober and the Moravian community.
Leonhard Dober was trained as a Potter. When he was 19 years old he joined the Moravian community in Herrnhut. He later became the first missionary to be sent out in 1732.
In order to do that he sold himself into slavery. When people at the dock heard what he and his colleague were doing, they asked them why...Their response was

"May the Lamb was slain is worthy to receive the reward of His suffering."

In other words....because Jesus is worth it.

I have had so much teaching in the last few weeks, it is hard to know where to even begin, however I would say that to remember our heritage is a good way to start.

These young men gave up their freedom to answer the call of God on their life.

Two questions I have are

1)What new or fresh thing is God calling me to get involved with?

2)What old/foundational thing is God wanting to renew in me?

These are big questions for me......What does that mean for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

kiva