Pages

Sunday 26 April 2015

crafting a path - different hats one goal

Today I took a stall at a coffee morning. Selling my goods. My name is Ochiltrinkets on such occasions. Selling candles, some of my jewellery I male or photos that I have taken and put into cards.

Someone asked me when do you have time... The truth is I don't. The fact is that my stuff is very often under the stair and certainly in the last year or so I have had very little time for it.

I would love a wee room where it would be easily accessible.

I sold a few items today, not many. If truth be told I enjoyed seeing the buzz and listening to the hub of a community supporting a community run venture. ( I made my table and a little more )

Again it was a God thing a few years ago. God told me the name to use. I thought foolishly perhaps that I would do this and make enough to do ministry but these days the market is flooded with people doing this kind of stuff,

But never the less I do the odd table  at a fayre and the local shop sells my stuff for a small percentage of takings.

Every so often I get a little extra in my pocket (which I declare of course) Its funny a few months ago I got some sales that equalled the price of the new tyre that we needed. ( Funny that huh)

I stress is it going to sell, will I run at a loss? At the end of the day though that matters only a little  though. When I do get the jewellery out or take photos to turn in to greetings cards , I enjoy it. It relaxes me . When I get a little income to plough back into stock, It allows me to hold my head high and know I did that or people liked that... or simply I am doing what I can.

Dignity  is a funny thing.... being able to provide for someone or buy a gift or even have food to eat, is for some a simple thing that they would love to do.

Some people think that that may only be for the poor in another land.
It is however real for so many in the UK.

I have heard some say oh they can afford it? How would you really know though? They could be stuck in credit card debt and be trying to  fend off their creditors while trying to climb back up the slippery pole?

I enjoyed myself today. I relaxed and liked embracing the creative part of me.

It is just another aspect of how God created me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

kiva