Pages

Thursday 25 April 2019

Passion and Purpose - Understanding Inner Purpose

Do you ever get that feeling where you look at life and say What? Then there are other days where you just know you just smile and know this is alright.

Life can be in utter chaos with people having a real go at you but you still know that you are in the palm of God's hand.

You can yearn after things of course and you could wish for more stability but sometimes there is gold in instability.

Facebook reminders can be weird. The other day I scrolled through memories of that day and saw the statement Passion and Purpose.

To someone re reading that memory that statement could mean anything. 

I however know that statement referred to a time when a local pastor invited me to speak at an event. I never got many of these opportunities, not even in my own church, so I made sure I said yes.

I spoke about knowing your call and about finding that part of your inner being that when you connect with God you passion envelopes you. 

Its those visions and dreams that make the hairs on the back of your neck rise and you just want to shout that is who God made me be and I don't care what others think.

So what do I mean when I think of my passion and call.

I love engaging with people.

I love to get my hands dirty, talk about the nuts and bolts of life and making people know that they matter.

That is why I love my profession. I love getting together with people talking about where they want to be, dismissing the lies that they have learnt and the baggage that they collect.

Sometimes connecting with people is a few hours in between train journeys never to be seen of again. Sometimes its putting on a one day event or a large scale project.

What I love is just being part of the journey from a to b.

For some doing what I do would be terribly frustrating. Some people need to see the result and need to ego boosting gratification of success.

I get the same boost from seeing someone begin to gain confidence and believe in themselves.

What about failure?

One of the proudest things I have done ended in failure. It breaks my heart we failed in the end but I am still proud of what we achieved along the way. Of course some glass empty folk see the failure but if you are a glass full person you see empowerment, national awards and an incredible case of people from all backgrounds fighting against the odds to try and do something for the greater good.

My passion is to see change and transformation...

To add Godly principles, to see the people grow, shine and blossom.

Some people might say that intentionally investing in people without getting them come to Christ is pointless and fruitless....

It's not.

Who do you think you are that you think you can hijack God's plan just to satisfy your ego?

Don't get me wrong I do want to see people come to Christ and realise who they have been created to be  in all their fullness.

I also recognise that pushing someone too hard too fast can actually turn them further from finding that fullness.

I  realise that helping people consider options objectively, helping them mull things over whilst remaining in charge of their decisions is just glorious.

Being a cog in the wheel, being able to journey with people as they do this thing called life can just be so uplifting.

Sometimes a wee facebook reminder can cause you to pause, reflect and realign you to what your passion is ....

In that process I have been able to knock off some of the negativity that has been indirectly been attaching itself to me and celebrate my journey with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

kiva