Pages

Tuesday 2 January 2024

Remorse is Not A Given

 Throughout my life I have straddled working in Christian settings and non Christian ones. I recognise that I have standards and values and sometimes I make the mistake that others might adhere to the same standard. Maybe subconsciously one of my values is the Biblical one of treat others the way you would want to be treated and the harsh reality of life is that people don't do that.

Organisations can be toxic and cut throat regardless of worldview they are set in. People in both settings will cut you dead for the sake of self preservation. 

That may sound harsh but it is my honest experience.

Last year was a stinker.  gs

If someone wrongs you they may not be sorry. 

If I make a mistake I try to own it and learn from it. 

I hate bad relationship, I would rather hold my hands up than deny something happened or cause more harm by denial.

Not everyone has that level of integrity. Let's face it not everyone has integrity.

So it is a challenge when someone wrongs you and does not seem to care that they have. Worse still they try to turn things on you or side step what has happened.

The challenge is to survive the experience without it continuing to seep toxicity into you.

New Year New opportunities,

Eradicate the toxicity of the past and when the negativity creeps near you cut it out and stop it in its tracks.

Not as easy said as done but try. 

Dare I say it forgiveness may not be on the cards. The people simply may not deserve your time or thoughts.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

kiva